Monday, May 11, 2009

Missions

Update: Fezzik got three staples in his leg. I'm not entirely sure if he's noticed he's injured yet, or would care even if he did notice.

We were gardening on the weekend before Fezzik's big adventure and noticed a man cutting the lawn at the house next door to ours. This is news because that house has been unoccupied, yet well kept up, since we moved here in mid-November.

We've gleaned a few little details about the house's owner from our neighbours over the months. It's an older gentleman with a white beard. It's his summer home, because he works in the winter. He's from "up north". He's apparently really nice. There's a fanciful, bright red upholstered chair in his entryway that's got to be at least ten fee tall.

I'M SURE IT'S SANTA CLAUS.

I can't wait to meet him.

So anyway, we knew he had a caretaker because that's what the neighbours said. We're planning to build a fence along the property line but we want to speak with him before we do it, so I waved down the caretaker and he came over with a smile and chatted with us for a while. I found out that Santa Claus our neighbour will be arriving in about one month. We mentioned the fence plans and gave him our contact info to pass along, and tried very hard to seem friendly and normal. I think the caretaker liked us, so that's good I guess.

Mark and I had very different missions today. His mission was to help his mother bung his Gran off into an assisted living facility. My mission was to go to my first day of work at the dog grooming and boarding kennel.

We both succeeded and we are both tired tonight. A side-effect of the successful bunging of Gran off into a home is that we now own her two cats.

I'd go into more detail but it's getting late; we're tired; and there are chores to do before the day is done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

okay I have to laugh. You now have 3 dogs and 5 cats in your home and own 2 of the dogs (so far) and 2 of the cats now. :) I guess I never thought of you guys as ever having such a large family but it is fitting. I hope the cats are nice and are okay with the dogs.

I hope your first day of work at the groomer/kennel went well and I hope gran adjusts to the home easily.

Unknown said...

I want to know all about this job you have...

Julie said...

Megan, did you really not assume we'd have ten dogs and twenty cats after buying our own house?

Silly girl...