Friday, December 11, 2009

Winter Weather


The Annapolis River froze over briefly this week. I don't know why I was so surprised to see it as I rounded the bend by the riverbank. I mean, the river froze last winter. I guess I'm just not used to being back in a cold-weather climate. There's been snow off and on for the last week and the temperature has taken a definite plunge.

Remember when I mentioned the house next door to us, many months ago, and I said that Santa Claus lives there? Well, now that it's December, he seems to have taken a little trip, and has asked us to feed his cats for him. This is more evidence. He is Santa Claus! I will report any further Santa-Claus-like activity as it occurs.

The dogs (except for Oliver) have been enjoying bouncing around in the snow. Arlo and Zelda chase each other all around the yard, and Zelda barks these shrill barks that sound like she's being murdered, the entire time.




We got a Christmas tree yesterday, but the decorations aren't up yet. We also went out and did the last little bits of our Christmas shopping yesterday, and it wasn't a moment too soon. The stores were all crazy-busy-insane. Since being in crowds pretty much makes me have a heart attack, it was a tiny bit stressful. Oh well. All done.

1 comment:

k- said...

I love the pics, Zelda is cute!