Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Let's Hear an "Awwww"


It's kitten season. We were asked to take three feral kittens and tame them up for adoption. Kittens are freakin' messy and we have to clean up all the time after them, but they provide endless hours of amusement for us and the dogs, so it's not all bad.

Oliver has made friends with the older boy, Crosby. I think they're planning a slumber party on the weekend - nobody over 10 pounds allowed.


Buttercup the foster dog gets really excited whenever she gets to be near the kittens, and licks them practically to death. We were on the couch last night with all the kittens, and Buttercup jumped up, and then this happened:


Yes, he is latched onto something there. They must have stayed that way for five minutes. Buttercup was so happy, and the kitten seemed pretty content too.

Kittens are messy, but they're also fun. Now we are up to eight cats and three dogs in the house, but the three kittens are only temporary so we're not that crazy really.

No, really.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kittahs!

Canadian Dreamers said...

Makes me want to foster kittens!

Angela said...

Ok, you got a big "awwwwwwwwwwwwww!" out of me, complete with a little squeak at the end :P

Every picture I was like, "that's the most adorable picture in the post!" but then I'd look at the next one. Now I don't know. I think I've had a cuteness overdose.

Unknown said...

As soon as your page came up on my screen I let out an "Awwwwww! It is a kitten!" (I had to let Mac know what the Awwww was about since we were chatting over the internet). And after I did my oogling I read the title on the post and laughed. I think the lady who gets Buttercup better take a kitten or 2 as well! That is just so freaking adorable. I love dogs and kittens. :) Have fun with your animal shelter you crazy folk! :P