Thursday, August 21, 2008

a post about you!

So there's been a new trend that involves some of you people and this blog. I'm not sure if I should be disturbed by this, but when I meet up with you guys in person, I can't really finish a sentence any more without you knowing what I'm going to say.

I'll start to talk about the latest news on our house hunt, and you'll be all like "I know!" because you read it here first. Or I'll bring up a story about our road trip, and you'll be all like "I know!" cuz, well, you read it here. Some of you even elaborate on my stories, and it's strange (and kinda neat) to hear my own writing repeated back to me, sometimes by someone who I didn't even know was aware of the blog.

so....

HI THERE! Glad you guys could come.

The only drawback to this new trend is that I suspect there are a few people who would have emailed/called to catch up on things, who are not emailing/calling because they already know what we're up to. But, but, but - I don't know what YOU'RE up to!

Ah well.

Life in Truro, Nova Scotia goes on. The corn across the road is growing to impressive heights and the pickers are harvesting wild blueberries down the road. The Truro Exhibition is in full swing and earlier this week Mark went into town to behold the NEW BREED WRESTLING!! I didn't go because at the time it was pouring rain and we'd heard that the wrestling was an outdoor event. Well, it moved indoors and Mark met up with a few of our friends who were passing through town.

I guess it was a spectacle of the sort that you really don't see outside of country exhibitions. Mark and the crew re-named a few of the wrestlers - you can guess what was on "Fat Lightening's" unitard, and our friend's brother got the whole crowd to chant "Fire Pants! Fire Pants!" at one guy who - that's right - had flames on his wrestling pants. There was apparently a little girl there who was screaming obscenities at a wrestler and got him so mad that he spit on her. Also, organizers had to quiet the show down because they were "disturbing the cows". Oh yeah, and there was an announcement that those people who were throwing sawdust at other people needed to stop it.

Am I sorry I missed it? I'm really not sure.

We'll be venturing out to the Exhibition a few more times this week, and I'll keep you posted if anything else interesting happens. So that pretty much guarantees a post, doesn't it?

No comments: