Thursday, November 04, 2010

Country Cops

So I'm driving along one of the secondary highways outside of town when I hear police sirens. I look in the rear-view mirror and see the blue-and-red right behind me. Ack!!

Maybe he just got a call about an emergency up ahead. Yeah, that must be it. I pull over to let him pass me, but the damned cop car pulls in right behind me. I wrack my brain... I wasn't speeding... my stickers are up-to-date... what's the matter?

I try my best to remain calm, and roll down my window as the cop opens his door. I look in my mirror to see a familiar, jovial figure with a big grin plastered on his face, carrying something in his hand and waving.

I immediately yell at the cop for scaring me. It's an acquaintance and I know by now that I've been pulled over for a social call.

He approaches my car, still grinning, and says "I thought that was you!"

I laugh as he hands me the object in his hand. It's a little doggy rain jacket for Oliver, our Miniature Pinscher. This RCMP officer is a fellow animal lover and has shown up at my door in the past with little t-shirts and such for Oliver, whom he has taken quite a liking to. We chit-chat for a minute before going our separate ways.

I can only assume that city cops never pull these kinds of stunts.

1 comment:

Bhutan said...

Cool! Still, it would suck to be pulled over, period. Not a big for the cop I guess, he's just saying Hi to a friend while he's working. :)