Monday, June 25, 2007

good times, summer in the city

Less than two months 'til we hit the road to the Yukon...that's so close! Yeah!

We're going to Salt Spring Island for a weekend in a couple of weeks for another mini camping adventure. It is a pretty island in spite of the touristy-ness of the place, and the open-air market in the town of Ganges is fabulous.

Here's an old picture from a few years back when we went to Salt Spring Island with some friends. There's Mark on the right. Hi, Mark!!



The Big Trip is getting closer. We've recently started considering a slight alteration in our plans. I know I said I didn't want to go to Seniorland - I mean Florida - on the way back from Mexico, but we are now considering popping in for long enough to grab a retired Greyhound from one of the Florida tracks to bring back to Canada with us. One of my greyhound rescue contacts will give me the inside scoop on how to go about doing this and I think it's a fun idea. We want a Greyhound sometime anyway, and we can't get one before we leave or else we'd have to ask our families to watch TWO large dogs for us for three months, and that's a bit much to ask. If you didn't know that we were animal & animal rescue fanatics, you can visit our other blog and then you will understand.

No comments: